- New York: Casting call for NAATCO's The Seagull(posted 6/28/09)
- Disney/ABC Scriptwriting Fellowships (posted 6/27/09)
- Just Released! (posted 6/27/09)
LOVE + RELASIANSHIPS: A Collection of Contemporary Asian-Canadian Drama
Edited by Nina Lee Aquino & Presented by Playwrights Canada Press
Our lucky Canadian readers can order it now
US Readers will have to go through TCG
Plays include Yellow Fever by Rick Shiomi, Bachelor-Man by Winston Christopher Kam, Maggie’s Last Dance by Marty Chan, Mother Tongue by Betty Quan, Noran Bang: The Yellow Room by M.J. Kang, The Plum Tree by Mitch Miyagawa, Yes Yoko Solo by Jean Yoon, Tiger of Malaya by Hiro Kanagawa, Miss Orient(ed) by Nina Lee Aquino and Nadine Villasin, China Doll by Marjorie Chan, Banana Boys by Leon Aureus, and paper SERIES by David Yee.
- Los Angeles: Irvine Foundation honors East West's Dang (6/27/09)
- Chicago: CIRCA-Pintig holding workshops (posted 6/27/09)
Center for Immigrant Resources and Community Arts-Pintig (CIRCA-Pintig), will conduct a series of workshops that will include group dynamics, characterization and rules of improvisation, creative writing and story telling, and visual arts. The sessions are scheduled to begin on Saturday, June 27, 2009 at the CAAAELII office. Participants will meet every Saturday for the 12 week program, which will culminate in a production in which the students will showcase their skills in acting, singing, dancing, visual arts and others. The workshops will be led by experienced facilitators, Daisy Castro, Levi Aliposa as well as other CIRCA-Pintig artist instructors. CIRCA-Pintig aims to "promote artistic educational programs, information,
and research towards a more dynamic sense of cultural and artistic practices and legacies within immigrant and ethnic communities".
- San Diego: Mo'olelo receives grant to commission new play (posted 6/27/09)
- Audition notice - Chicago (posted 6/19/09)
Chicago, IL - CIRCA PINTIG Theater Company is holding auditions for its upcoming gender play, Sister Outlaw. Looking for males and females, 20-30s. Auditions will be held on June 27 & 28 (Sat/Sun), 1-4pm at Dream Theater 556 W. 18th St by Canal, Chicago. Call (773) 931-6122 or (312) 451-6974. Prepare a short monologue, dramatic/comedic and cold reading from the script. Play dates are 8/13 – 9/6.
- Los Angeles: East West offers Creative Play workshop for kids (posted 6/19/09)
- London: Yellow Earth presents Typhoon 6 (posted 6/19/09)
- Los Angeles: TeAda offers late June workshops (posted 6/19/09)
- Minnestoa: Mu moves to St. Paul (posted 6/12/09)
- Seattle: Pork Filled Players celebrate Summer (posted 6/12/09)
- Minneapolis: Mu announces 2009-2010 season (posted 6/7/09)
- Toronto, Canada: fu-GEN announces changing of artistic guard (posted 6/7/09)
- Call for artists extended
TEADAWORKS 2009-10 Call for Artists
TeAda is currently planning our TEADAWORKS workshop and development lab for next season. This annual LAB offers artists a rare opportunity to work intensively and collaboratively to develop new performance works through master classes, workshops and informal open rehearsal presentations. Priority for the 2010 LAB will focus on INTERCULTURAL COLLABORATIONS and TRANSNATIONAL PERSPECTIVES. We encourage all to apply.
TeAdaWorks 2009-2010 will consist of a 10-week workshop series in Fall 2009 followed by a 2-week development lab in January 2010. Artists/Projects will be selected to participate in either the 10-week WORKSHOP series OR the 2-week LAB. Scheduling and programming will be based on the types of projects proposed and accepted.
- Honolulu: Kumu Kahua holding auditions (posted 6/7/09)