Kaidan Project: Walls Grow Thin — Extended through Nov. 19: A multi-sensory, site-specific experience refracting ancient Japanese ghost stories through a modern, multi-cultural lens. You receive a letter from a woman who is haunted by a mysterious event in her past—and she needs your help. When you arrive at her family’s warehouse, you ascend to the fifth and sixth floors in a creaking freight elevator, followed by a voice that calls out through the shadows, drowning you in echoes of wells and engines and graveyards, in tangles of hair and snow, in sharp reflections of your darkest moments—a voice that may not be human. A small group of twelve enters a room alone, the walls begins to thin, and a dark spirit stirs within you – will you ever escape it?
“THOROUGHLY ENTERTAINING … part haunted house, part art installation, part performance-art piece” — Los Angeles Times
“A MASTERPIECE… 10 out of 10…. My mind is still reeling from the experience.” — LA Theatre Bites
“GET READY TO HAVE YOUR MIND BLOWN… As artistically beautiful and complex as it is otherworldly” — Broadway World
“GHOSTLY TWISTS AND TURNS… Get ready to jump right into the middle of these legends.” — LA Splash
“BRILLIANT… Kaidan is a really good show.” — Dwarf & Giant
“INTRIGUING AND AWESOME SPLENDOR” — Gia On the Move
“A SINGULAR THEATRICAL EXPERIENCE” —Showmag
“FASCINATING… The technical elements are incredible.”— Stage Raw
“BEAUTIFUL AND MACABRE”— Talkin’ Broadway
“STUNNING” — Theatre Notes
“AMAZING” —Things To Do in L.A.
• Written by Lisa Dring and Chelsea Sutton with Rogue Artists Ensemble
• Directed by Sean T. Cawelti
• Presented by Rogue Artists Ensemble in association with East West Players
Extended through Nov. 19.
• Thursdays starting at 7:30 p.m.*: Nov. 2, Nov. 9. Nov. 16
• Fridays starting at 7:30 p.m.*: Nov. 3, Nov. 10, Nov. 17
• Saturdays starting at 7:30 p.m.*: Nov. 4, Nov. 11, Nov. 18
• Saturday starting at 2 p.m:* Nov. 4 ONLY
• Sundays starting at 7:30 p.m.* Nov. 5, Nov. 12, Nov. 19
• Monday starting at 7:30 p.m.*: Oct. 30 ONLY
• Tuesday starting at 7:30 p.m.*: Oct. 31 ONLY (Happy Halloween!)
(*Up to 6 performances per evening, beginning every 20 minutes)
• Thursdays and Sundays: $70
• Fridays and Saturdays: $75
*Tickets now on sale for performances through Nov. 5; tickets for performances after Nov. 5 go on sale Oct. 31.
Mature themes, adult language and theatrical violence; not recommended for audience members who are not comfortable with walking, ducking, navigating small spaces, standing for periods of time, loud noises, moments of complete darkness or being alone.