The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) has a job opportunity for a Theater & Musical Theater Specialist who would report to Greg Reiner!. The federal hiring process only allows for it to be posted for a total of seven days, so there will have a limited time period to spread the word and encourage people to apply.
The job listing is available here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538347400 and will be open Tuesday, July 2- Monday, July 8. One quirk to warn people about with the usajobs.gov site, is that the federal hiring guidelines require that for each job on an applicant’s resume, they must list the hours per week worked at that job. Since most people do not have this information on their resume, many qualified candidates get automatically rejected by the system. I recommend using the usajobs template to upload work history, rather than uploading a pdf.
The basic job duties are below:
- Reviews and processes assigned applications, grants, cooperative agreements and leadership initiatives from the Theater/Musical Theater field and follows all applications through the Arts Endowment’s complete process from application to Final Descriptive Report.
- Counsels applicants and prospective applicants about proposed projects in context of published guidelines and with knowledge of field activities and trends as well as agency funding history of specific projects.
- Assists Discipline Director in recommending appropriate experts from the Theater/Musical Theater field to serve as application reviewers and in all processing related to these determinations. Provides technical assistance, expertise, and consultation to advisory panelists as needed.
- Manages items related to special Theater/Musical Theater leadership initiatives that arise. Duties might include managing series of meetings and convening’s, webinar development and management and other work items as they occur as well as processing cooperative agreements, interagency agreements, contracts and other government documents.
- Serves as agency liaison with Theater/Musical Theater field. Represents the agency at select conferences, meetings, and panels.