University of New Hampshire is holding a search for The Director of Musical Theatre in Tenure Track Assistant Professor Position. Application is available through: https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/34891
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/DIRECTOR OF MUSICAL THEATRE
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
UNH COLA Theatre & Dance [UCTHDA]
The University of New Hampshire, the state’s flagship institution for higher education, seeks a dynamic specialist in musical theatre to head a vibrant and growing musical theatre option within the Department of Theatre and Dance’s BA program. The successful candidate will work in a highly collaborative department that seeks to provide students with rigorous training while also providing the diversity of thought and study expected from an outstanding liberal arts institution.
• Lead the Musical Theatre program. This includes collaborating with other faculty in musical theatre and dance, as well as with other faculty and staff throughout the department.
• Teach a 2-2 load, including three levels of musical theatre performance, musical theatre history and possibly music theory.
• Academic advising for undergraduates in musical theatre.
• Mentor and Teacher of Record for senior capstones and independent studies.
• Direct or Music Direct at least one major departmental musical per academic year.
• Take part in departmental service such as participation in student recruitment efforts, promotion and marketing of the department productions, attending all auditions for prospective students and serving on various department committees.
• Take part in service activities at the college and university levels.
• To continue an ongoing record of creative work and/or research/scholarship all congruent with building a reputation at the regional and national levels.
Interested persons should be prepared to provide the following:
-letter of application
-terminal degree transcripts
-three current letters of recommendation
-access to samples of their work (Please provide samples via a document that provides links to online platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo or personal website.)
Posting Number/Job Order # PF0354FY20
MFA and/or PhD
• Established record of creative and/or scholarly achievement in musical theatre.
• Experience as a Director and/or Music Director of Musicals.
• Extensive knowledge of the musical theatre canon.
• Ability to teach performance focused classes for musical theatre students at the beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
• Knowledge of music theory appropriate for the musical theatre performer
• Commitment to a culture of fairness and equity across a diverse spectrum of students, faculty and staff.
• Piano proficiency at a level appropriate for use in the classroom.
• Knowledge and commitment to musical theatre works related to underrepresented groups.
• Strong track record of professional experience in musical theatre.
• Strong track record of experience working in multiple genres of musical theatre.
• Experience as a musical theatre performer.
• Experience teaching at the university level.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
100% FTE, Tenure Track